Linking email question in survey to email in contact list for ED pull | XM Community
Solved

Linking email question in survey to email in contact list for ED pull

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hey gurus! I'm _thisclose_ to knowing the answer to a question one of clients here on campus asked, but just can't pull it out of my hat.

We have a department that uses a survey for students in a particular course group to request tutoring assistance. It is sent out via an anonymous survey link and not via a contact list because students can use it multiple times during a semester. The students in the course group are known.

What the client would like to do is be able to pull some embedded data into the data set from a contact list when the student completes the survey (class, gender, group number, etc). Our idea was to have them enter their university email address in a survey question and link it somehow to the contact list so the appropriate ED fields can be pulled in.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this that doesn't involve Javascript or something "fancy"? I continually struggle with embedded data for some reason and am trying to work out in my head how to do this! Help! 😃
icon

Best answer by JenCX 2 July 2019, 16:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yes! You can do this with Authentication. Check out how to set it up here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
> @JenCX said:
> Yes! You can do this with Authentication. Check out how to set it up here.

YES. That's what I was looking for. What a dork (me!!) THanks!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @MichelleC said:
> > @JenCX said:
> > Yes! You can do this with Authentication. Check out how to set it up here.
>
> YES. That's what I was looking for. What a dork (me!!) THanks!!

Not a dork at all! There's so many features I don't think anyone outside of the Qualtrics PMs know them all. 🙂

Leave a Reply