design of survey | XM Community
Solved

design of survey

Badge +3
I have a very simple survey but need a little advice on the "flow"/"design". I want a question to pop up only if the previous question was answer a certain way. The question to pop up is the same for each survey question. So, each question is about a task. For these tasks check all that apply : a, b, etc. Then the pop up question pops up depending on how they answered. Should I use a display logic or have a survey flow? I'm not really sure the best way to do it
icon

Best answer by TomG 3 July 2019, 21:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
If you want it to "pop up" on the same page as the first question, you have to use display logic with in-page checked. Also, if are asking about your tasks in an loop & merge block, then you have to use display logic. In general, using display logic would probably be preferable.
Badge +3
oh, I hadn't even thought of it popping up on the same page. I like that idea! I'm going to try that. What would be an example of creating a survey flow (i.e. branch)?
Badge +3
That's not what I was expecting...when I say "in page" it adds it to the page without the question having been answered yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @byantha said:
> That's not what I was expecting...when I say "in page" it adds it to the page without the question having been answered yet.

When you preview the survey, the question with in page display logic will only display then the logic condition is true.
Badge +3
no, when I preview the survey, it shows both the question and the one I want to popup at the same time on the same page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Your display condition must be true.
Badge +3
I published it, sent it to myself and it's working just as I want. Thank you!!

Leave a Reply