How to Enable Distribution tab | XM Community
Solved

How to Enable Distribution tab

• 8 July 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Hi Experts,

I Would like to enable Distributions tab, although I'm having the Brand Administrator access, but still i don't find this feature enabled, and also I don't find this anywhere in my account or may be I've overlooked it. It will be great if you can help me on how to make it active.

Also, my apologies for jumping into next question, but I would like to know on how to create logins for external users who are trying to access my survey link.

Kindly share your valuable Inputs 😀
icon

Best answer by JenCX 11 July 2019, 17:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
If you're the brand admin and you don't see the distributions tab in your survey, sounds like something might be wonky. I'd suggest contacting support on that.

For the next question, check out how to set up authentications here.
Badge +1
Dear Jen,

Thank you for the reply. for our understanding I've attested my user screenshot which has all the permissions enabled. let me know if i need to enable any thing else from my side before reaching to the support team. Regarding my second question, is it possible to provide access to external users who are not in my contact list? or do i need to create the contact list using authenticators?

Please check the below images, appreciate your valuable inputs 😀

!
!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Are you seeing this on all surveys or just one survey? If its only one survey and you aren't the owner, it might have to do with the permissions given to your account by the survey owner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Pradyp Ensure that you've got the survey distributions set up on the second tab:

!

As far as the authenticator, yes, you'll need them in a contact list first, but re-reading I think I may have misunderstood your question.

Are you

1) Trying to make sure that anyone who takes your survey is authorized to do so using a login

OR

2) Trying to allow others to see your survey for review before you field it without signing them up for a Qualtrics license?

Or something else entirely?
Badge +1
Hi Jen,

Thank you for the reply, i do have the distribute survey enabled
!

but I'm unable to find the distributions tab within the survey
!

let me be more precise on my requirement, here is my question,

Is Qualtrics able to do a kind of self-registration of external people?
We want to post the survey in social media and ask people to click a link. This should take them to Qualtrics so that they can take the survey. They would need to fill in their name, company etc because we want to provide feedback to them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
One more thing to check on the survey distributions side: Is the distributions tab present when you create a new survey? @uhrxx005 mentioned the idea that it may be a permissions issue on that specific survey so creating a new survey is an easy way to check.

Ah, I understand your use case now. Yes, you can indeed create a list of people who took the survey based off of what information they gave to you in the survey. Check out this link on how to use a contact list trigger.
Badge +1
@uhrxx005

Thank you for the reply, I'm now able to find the authenticator tab, as i wasn't using my own survey, so I've missed that tab before
!

Appreciate your prompt response 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Great! Glad that you found the distributions and authenticator features! As a recap:

Authenticator will help you validate that a person is authorized to take your survey.

Contact List Triggers will help you create a list of everyone that took your survey (including their information).
Badge +1
Thank you Jen,

As per my scenario, I believe contact list triggers is the valid one. Appreciate your valuable answers, as it really helped me to understand more 😀

Leave a Reply