Is that possible to give an error message if the "ID" and the "confirm ID" box are not the same? | XM Community
Solved

Is that possible to give an error message if the "ID" and the "confirm ID" box are not the same?

• 10 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi,
Our survey starts with asking participant ID and the ID confirmation. When we ask for the participant ID and then ask them to confirm the participant ID they are allowed to go to the next page even if those numbers+letter don't match (supposed to be the same). Is there a way to give an error message if those numbers are different? So that they can only proceed if the "ID" and the "confirm ID" box are the same? Or not possible? Thank you very much for your thoughts and suggestions!
icon

Best answer by ana_velez 12 July 2019, 14:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!!

you can make a validation and create a message if the validation is not met. Below you can see some screenshots

!
!

the custom validation should say, confirmation is equal to the piped text from the response to the ID question.

I hope this is clear enough, you should then select a validation message which appear when this valued dont match.

I tested it and worked for me
Badge
Thanks so much ana_velez_voce! It worked! At first, I couldn't figure out how to get "$(q://...)" number but after I got it I applied your suggestion, which help me to get what I need. Thanks again for your helpful reply!

Leave a Reply