Altering XML Export | XM Community
Question

Altering XML Export

• 10 July 2019
  • 1 reply

I batch upload to a database for grant requirements and they are changing the way we are allowed to submit our data. Currently, we submit csv for Survey Monkey online surveys and XML for surveys that are scanned with . To accomodate this change, I have input the survey into Qualtrics so I can export to XML. On my exports, can I remove the Survey Metadata and Contact Fields? Also, the XML exports from Teleform look very different from the exports from Qualtrics. Since I am not very familiar with XML I am not sure if the differences will be read the same? Or if I can change the Qualtrics export formatting?!
!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hello - I'm afraid that without knowing the import requirements of the system you are importing into this is difficult to answer. However, it is likely that you would need to upload to a specific XML format. You should request the requirements from the system owner you are importing into.

You can determine the data that goes into the export from Qualtrics. If you uncheck "Download all fields" then it will export only what you have visible within the Data & Analysis view.

It may be that you need to write a data transformation script to shift your export into a suitable format for upload.

Leave a Reply