Zendesk Qualtrics integration | XM Community
Solved

Zendesk Qualtrics integration

• 11 July 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying without success to have Zendesk send a survey to our users via a trigger event. Qualtrics documentation is inaccurate and incomplete by their own admission. They also do not provide any end to end working examples so I have no model to validate against. I have been working with their support team but to no avail and I keep getting pointed to the community so here I am. I have a few questions and I am hoping someone can answer and that might help me get this working:
1. How do I pass Zendesk fields such as ticket.requester.email and other items to the survey so they can be used.
2. How do I add fields properly and use the JSON body if they are relevant and related

Any guidance or working examples would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by dHoleman 21 October 2019, 17:32

View original

4 replies

I am trying without success to have Zendesk send a survey to our users via a trigger event. Qualtrics documentation is inaccurate and incomplete by their own admission. They also do not provide any end to end working examples so I have no model to validate against. I have been working with their support team but to no avail and I keep getting pointed to the community so here I am. I have a few questions and I am hoping someone can answer and that might help me get this working:
1. How do I pass Zendesk fields such as ticket.requester.email and other items to the survey so they can be used.
2. How do I add fields properly and use the JSON body if they are relevant and related

Any guidance or working examples would be greatly appreciated.
Hi dHoleman,

Have you gotten resolution to your question? I am trying to do the same thing and am struggling.

Thanks
Apparently, according to support and our last rep, some sort of license is needed. They changed reps on us and we are trying to get this sorted out in our license renewal that's coming up. Unfortunately, we can't seem to get an informed answer as to exactly what is needed.
I've been able to get some more answers on my end, particularly on passing through the requesters email. All of our ZenDesk tickets that we've passed through show up as coming from our ZenDesk Administrator. I've been able to pass through the requesters email in the body of the ZenDesk ticket, but as the actual ticket requester.

However, we did find a workaround where the ZenDesk agent can click a "change" link to change who the requester is and copy and paste the email address and then reply to the customer directly from that ticket.

Hope this might help.

Leave a Reply