How respondents can add another block | XM Community
Solved

How respondents can add another block

Hi,
My undergraduate thesis focuses on an educational club run by a non-profit. Within the non-profit, there are officers assigned to 1-5 school clubs. I want to design a survey in which an officer can "add another school" for the amount of schools they have and then go through the same questions. How do I do this?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 15 July 2019, 17:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Check out Loop and Merge. You'll want to ask them upfront how many schools/clubs they have and then use that in the Loop and Merge table.
Is upfront mandatory in any case ?
Can't we have within a block a yes/no button to add a new answer (looping on the same block if yes, exiting if no) ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @cbernard said:
> Is upfront mandatory in any case ?
> Can't we have within a block a yes/no button to add a new answer (looping on the same block if yes, exiting if no) ?

To do it this way, you'd have to setup a static number of branching logic within the survey flow based on if they answer Y/N.

For example, Block 1 - want another block? Yes is answered, then branch to Block 2. Repeat for Block 2 to Block 3 > 3 to 4 > 4 to 5 > etc.

This requires that you set a specific limit of possible new blocks added, as this can't be done dynamically.

Leave a Reply