How do I take data passed from JSON body and use as embedded data in piped text fields in a survey? | XM Community

How do I take data passed from JSON body and use as embedded data in piped text fields in a survey?

• 15 July 2019
  • 1 reply

I am triggering an event using ServiceNow where the post to Qualtrics contains a JSON body with certain fields like first name, last name, etc. I need to know how to use this data in my survey. I can see the JSON body received using the capture event data function under my event. It looks to be well-formed as compared with the example shown on Step 3 here (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/json-events/). I have defined a Set Embedded Data block in my Survey Flow with the fields that I need to use. Finally, I use the piped text fields in my survey items to insert those fields. However, when the survey comes through, there is no data in the fields. The survey items just show a space where the field data should be. So, instead of "Hi Bob, would you please answer..." I see "Hi , would you please answer..."

I have called into support and they are searching for an answer but I thought someone here may have encountered this already.

Thank you,
-Bob

1 reply

Badge +3

@BobDixon I have the same requirement. may I know if this is achievable?

Leave a Reply