Dashboard to track status of survey completion | XM Community
Solved

Dashboard to track status of survey completion

• 16 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am new to Qualtrics, with little to no experience with JavaScript.What I am trying to implement is, essentially, several surveys within a single survey. Let me explain:
- each participant that opens up the survey is a team lead. Upon opening the survey, he is to be shown a dashboard with a list of names of his team members
- next to each displayed team member there is a link to open another survey - basically each team lead needs to fill out a standard survey for each of his team members
- ideally, there should be an indication next to each displayed team member name whether the team lead has completed the corresponding survey or not

Does anyone have experience with this and guide me through the steps to implement such a tracker?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 16 July 2019, 17:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Akdashboard recently answered a question very similar to this. Check out their clever solution here:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/5249/login-for-respondents-with-dashboard-landing-page-of-open-surveys#latest
I saw that, but I didn't completely understand. Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie.

In my case a team manager is taking the survey, which essentially comprises taking 'x' surveys, where x is the number of employees in his team, and x varies for each team manager.

I have a csv list of team managers and their assigned employees, how exactly can I show the appropriate employees in his team on the landing page?

The surveys he needs to take are identical, but the number of surveys he needs to take vary depending on the number of team members. Is there a way to do this using loop & merge, where the survey is one block, and it is looped as many times as there are members in his team? How would one do this?

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You've actually hit the nail on the head. Loop and merge sounds like an easier way to accomplish this than a dashboard with links.

What I would suggest doing is first asking the manager how many people are on his team (or you can import this on your contact list and store it as embedded data) and then piping in that answer into your Loop and Merge for the number of loops.
Thanks, that makes sense!

I know it isn't as straightforward, but is there a way to show the names/IDs of a managers team members on the dashboard, before I begin with looping?

I would like to give him the chance to verify that the employees are assigned to him correctly, and to reach out for support if not.

Also, the manager should see the name of the employee about whom he is filling out the survey. Simply looping and merging will result in the right number of surveys per manager, but with him not knowing for whom he is filling them out..
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Sure, you can do that with embedded data and piped text in a descriptive text question type.

As far as the name of the employee, if it were me and I was a Qualtrics newbie trying to keep it simple, I'd just have the manager enter the employee name as the first question in the loop.

There are other ways you can do it with piped text, embedded data and loop and merge, but it could get complicated.

Leave a Reply