Recorded responses discrepancy | XM Community
Solved

Recorded responses discrepancy

• 17 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge
I have an issue with my Recorded Responses figure. In Data & Analysis the Recorded Responses show: "47,680 (47,681)". As you can see there is a difference of 1 between these two figures and I would have thought that this extra one response would be in Responses in Progress, however I have zero Responses in Progress.

When I export these results to Excel, 47,681 responses are exported. The Vocalise dashboard also shows 47,681 responses. The reports I have set up in Classic Reports also show 47,681 responses. It is only in Data & Analysis and Reports/Results that only 47,680 responses are shown.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I would like the Recorded Responses figure to just be "47,681". I know this is only a small number but I would like to edit some embedded data to this one response (but I'm unable to do so as I can't filter it in Data & Analysis) and it affects some of my reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John
icon

Best answer by TomG 17 July 2019, 03:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
This happened to us recently where a single response got stuck in limbo. We didn't bother to pursue it. I think the only potential remedy is to contact Qualtrics Support.
Badge
Thanks Tom. I'll contact support and see what they can do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Ketonjo said:
> Thanks Tom. I'll contact support and see what they can do.

I saw another post from @adamcasio that may be related. You might try the solution in that post to see if it also solves your issue:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/15898#Comment_15898
Badge
Wow, that's worked! I added embedded data to to the Survey Flow and sure enough that one response is no longer in limbo. Thanks for your help with this. Much appreciated.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
@Ketonjo, did adding the embedded data correct the missing response?

We have a survey that shows a discrepancy in the number of surveys completed. Additionally, a response appears in the exported CSV file, but is not visible as a recorded response in the Data & Analysis (Data) view. Is this similar to your initial issue?

Thanks.
Badge
Hi Chanda,
Yes, that was the same problem I had. Adding embedded data in the Survey Flow did correct this issue. I just added embedded data I did not really need, saved the Survey Flow and this immediately corrected the issue. I then went back into Survey Flow and deleted the embedded data that I had just added.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
John
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Thank you John. I'm heading over to work with the staff member experiencing this issue. Taking your recommendations. Hoping it resolves their issue.
Thanks again.
Chanda
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
@Ketonjo...
It worked! We added embedded data to the survey flow. After re-indexing, the missing response appeared in the list. Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Leave a Reply