List Specific Deduping | XM Community
Question

List Specific Deduping

Hi all, quick question about making changes to the XM Directory. We have a few different contact lists in our Directory that we update in order to set up automatic surveys (e.g. Customer Contact, New Customer). Due to limitations with our CRM, I go through and upload an Excel spreadsheet for these various surveys myself to the different lists within our Directory 1x a week.

Right now we have no deduping, contact rules or anything for our overall Directory. We are thinking that for a couple of our surveys it may be beneficial to add some rules but we wouldn't want these to apply broadly necessarily. I see that there is a way to create custom (list/survey specific) rules as far as contact frequency, but don't see anything for deduping. Does anyone know a way to accomplish this - either with an option I'm missing or any kind of workarounds you've seen/done?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

I know you can create different directories, so you cna manage some lists, the ones you want to exclude in that extra directory.

You can find the option in directory settings, directory admin or something like that
Thanks Ana! Will look into that solution.

Also open to other suggestions that could work at the list level with our current directory structure. Maybe something at the survey level?

Appreciate the help all.

Leave a Reply