How to realise Survey for Managers evaluating their employees? | XM Community
Solved

How to realise Survey for Managers evaluating their employees?

• 18 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello Qualtrics Community!

In my current project we have this challenge which we want to achieve with Qualtrics:

We want our Teamleads to evaluate all of their employees answering some (and always the same) questions for each employee.

So the manager should click on the surveys link, enter his "secret code" which identifies him (We want to do it with an "secret code" via Authenticator and the contact which is already working)

Now It gets tricky:

Dynamically, for his secret code, all employee IDs should be loaded (We have it as Excel, CSV or also can provide a WebService for it; It is a 1:n relationship) and for each Employee ID he should do the same survey. Once the Teamlead as done the survey for each employee, the Teamlead is finished and should be able to submit the results.

Do you have any tips or tricks how we find a starting point in this challenge? Main Challenge is to load the data dynamically for the Teamleads secret code and "loop" over each employee ID.

Currently I have no good starting point.... It would be really great to get some tips from this experienced community. =)

Cheers,
Janis
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 18 July 2019, 15:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
There is probably a more elegant way to do this, but I would achieve this embedded data and branching logic. Also sorry for the brief and poor description... haven't had my coffee yet.

Essentially you need the names of the employees in separate columns (like emp1, emp2, emp3, etc.). Then you need to have the evaluation questions in a block that you can copy _n_ times (however the max number of employees under a given person is). Next, use branching logic that reads "branch IF emp_n_ is not empty". Repeat for all blocks. Pipe in the name of the employee using piped text. Done.
Thank you Akdashboard, I really appreciate your answer. Can you give a hint how I should get the data (like emp1, emp2, emp3, etc.) to Qualtrics? Via WebService? Or can I upload a "DataSource" like a CSV?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
This greatly depends on how you house and store your data. The "easiest", or most straight forward, way is to just upload a CSV as a mailing list, with these fields defined (make sure they are mapped at the top of the Survey Flow) and distribute via email or with unique URLs.

Leave a Reply