Single-statement matrix question | XM Community
Solved

Single-statement matrix question

• 19 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I wish to ask a likert-style question with a scale of 1-7, but only a single question. This renders the regular matrix structure incompatible, because it forces me to put a statement in each matrix line, where in my case the statement is already mentioned in the main question text.
If I leave the statement blank it still consumes screen space and the question is not displayed well. A multiple-choice question is also incompatible because I cannot easily put labels that explain the scale above the buttons (actually there is a workaround for this in an old question here, but it does not work well for phones).
I hope I am not missing a very basic feature of Qualtrics, but the way I see it now, one of three possible alternatives can help me solve the problem:
1. An NPS-style question with 7 alternatives instead of 11 (I think this one will also look the best, both on PC and on phones).
2. A matrix likert question with no statements.
3. A multiple-choice question with labels that appear next to buttons BOTH on PC and phones.

I will be thankful for any suggestions. Adding javascript is definitely an option.
Guy
icon

Best answer by TomG 19 July 2019, 17:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I may be oversimplifying it, but can you just put in fluff for the question and then the question in the actual statement? For example, 'Please rank your experience below' and 'How do you rank your car buying experience overall?'
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
https://gist.github.com/marketinview/c941fc59b7ddaef8ba3b
Thanks very much Tom, this works great!

Leave a Reply