Preview Button doesn't work in some Surveys | XM Community
Solved

Preview Button doesn't work in some Surveys

• 19 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
We are experiencing issues with the Preview button (from within the surveys). It works in some surveys, others it will not. I've made no changes to existing surveys where the preview has previously worked, but now is not.

I've tested in both Firefox and Chrome; same issue with each browser. I've checked settings/survey flow, active/closed, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

A coworker checked surveys in her Qualtrics account and is experiencing similar issues. If we use the "preview survey" option from the Projects page (Action menu), the preview opens successfully in a pop-up window. Still, the preview button within the surveys is not working. Again, this is true for both Firefox and Chrome.

If the preview didn't work on any survey, then I would suspect a browser issue, but it's only a few surveys. Additionally, it can work on a survey, then stop working. So, no consistency in the problem.

Any suggestions? We're a bit perplexed and need to resolve.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 19 July 2019, 22:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
When you say it's not working, is it not opening the survey? Or is something else happening?

Either way, try refreshing your accounts. Sometimes that fixes wonky things.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Usually, when I click the Preview button, the survey opens in a new tab for viewing and testing. Nothing opens now. This is why I thought it might be an issue with the browser. Some of my surveys, however, do open properly with the button.

I refreshed the account as you suggested, but no change.

Thanks for helping me work through this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Chanda_IUK Hmm. That's super weird that some surveys work and some don't. I'd suggest reaching out to the Support team to see if they can help you out with some troubleshooting because it sounds like you've already eliminated all the easy fixes.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Thanks so much for your help. I will contact them today.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
Good Morning @JenCX I submitted the issue to the support team on Friday and received a very quick response. As it turns out, there are other users experiencing the same problem. Support has escalated the issue to the engineers to be address. Thanks so much for your help.
Userlevel 2
Badge +9
The issue with the "preview" button was resolved by Qualtrics engineers and is now working perfectly. Thank you! 8/26/19

Leave a Reply