Exporting and Importing corrected data | XM Community
Solved

Exporting and Importing corrected data

• 19 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I have exported survey data and need to make some edits to it in the CSV file, then import the edits. However, I need to retain the Recorded Date, Start Date and End Date. It won't let me import these through the straight import function. (I found a link talking about exporting/importig an example.csv file, but not sure what this is.) I am trying to import a file in the same structure as it is exported.
Also, if I import corrected data, will it just overwrite the current file, or will completely new records be created, thus duplicating the file? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Alok_Painuly 20 July 2019, 16:45

View original

2 replies

Badge +4
Hi @JMB: You can keep start and end date as is in the import file but not recorded date. Recorded date will automatically is captured when the record is being captured/imported into Qualtrics database.

Importing the data is recommended in Legacy Importer.

If you are not sure about the variables then you can simply download the Example file. Click Import then Use Legacy Importer and download Example CSV.

Keep the start and end date value whatever you want to. Please note that the start and end date must be in mm/dd/yyyy format while importing.
Thank you for the help.

Leave a Reply