Can you trigger distribution by email in various languages depending on the language indicator | XM Community
Solved

Can you trigger distribution by email in various languages depending on the language indicator

• 22 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge
I am building a survey to be distributed by email. Our population has 2 language preferences. I want to be able to program distribution by email using the right language to each person in my list. I have the Language indicator in my list.

Can this be automized ?

JD
icon

Best answer by jdgagne 23 July 2019, 13:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

using the language indicator in the database will trigger the distribution in the selected language based on the indicator, and they will be able to switch if they want selecting the language on the top of the screen on the right corner. You have to make sure you have the email invite and subject message translated to the second language
Badge +1
Yes! I have done that on the EX Platform. So I guess it is also possible in others. At least, for EX, you have to create a message in the library in both languages. Then, the system will automatically assign the right message based on the language indicator. The indicator must me EN for English. Each language has its own.
Badge
Ok, it is possible. I create two email messages in the library. How the system recognize which message goes to which language ?
Badge
Ok I create 1 message in English and chose translate to have it in a second language. problem is, the translate function does not seem to work… the screen change but nothing happens.

JD
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Can you send a screenshot? . Actually just selecting the translation does not complete the process. You have to select then the sencond language and if you want an automatic
translation (from google translate) you have to clic on the red circle showing 0%, that opens a popover window about google translate and you just clic on the green button .
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
If you want you can also copy the meesage text from the second language and paste it in the translation window, after selecting the second language on the rigt text box
Badge
Thanks Ana, it works now. the system had a hickup this morning, everthing works on the right language.

Cheers,

JD

Leave a Reply