Solved

Response rates by category

• 23 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 35 replies
Hello, I have the following problem: I have responses from a daily survey where each respondent belongs to one of several categories (more than 60), and I want to know what is the response rate for each one of this categories. For reasons I don't understand, the Distributions Table widget ignores all kinds of dashboard filters, so I only have the general response rate.
I created a new column which is a group by and count of each category, so if in a particular day there are 20 rows with category A , 15 with category B, and 30 with category C, then the new column looks like this:

rowNumber cat count
1 A 20
2 A 20
3 B 15
4 C 30
5 A 20

And so on. What I wanted to do is to create a Custom Metric consisting of the sum of all the respondents who finished the survey divided by whatever happens to be the count for that category that day. How do I do this last part? In the divisor I can only specify a Count, Min and Max or aggregate measures like Average. Is there any way to create this metric, be it as a custom metric or calculating it directly inside the widget?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 11 September 2019, 16:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @fstram! Data from distributions technically count as separate responses, so they will not have a category tied to them. When mapping the distribution, the category data would need to be pulled in from the email distribution, which would only work if the category corresponds to the survey taker's first or last name. Being able to pull embedded data with distribution mapping would be a great product idea. If you have not yet already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea! 😃

Leave a Reply