Designing a resource allocation task where allocating more resource to one person results in less to | XM Community
Solved

Designing a resource allocation task where allocating more resource to one person results in less to

• 23 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there, Im a little stuck with regard to designing a question in the survey platform.

This is the question/task that I'd like my survey participants to answer:

"This task requires you to allocate a total of 15 * sessions to two different clients. Each of the columns in the table below add up to 15. Select a letter from the table below which indicates the column you have chosen to allocate the 15 * sessions".
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n
Client A 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Client B 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I've tied the slider and multiple choice question type options but cant get them to work. As a newbie to this Im hoping there might be a simple answer...Cheers
icon

Best answer by KendraR 7 August 2019, 16:52

View original

2 replies

This is a better graphical representation of the above task

!
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @Dannyboy_28! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that you should be able to accomplish this setup by using a constant sum Matrix Table question. By changing the "Total Box" option to "Scale Point" and the "Validation Type" to "Must Total 15", respondents will have to allocate 15 in each column. If you have any further questions on how to best set this up, feel free to reach out to our Support Team! 😃

Leave a Reply