Can you set up a question so a respondent can see further details if they hover over/click on the q? | XM Community
Solved

Can you set up a question so a respondent can see further details if they hover over/click on the q?

• 1 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I'm setting up a survey where respondents will rate the importance of various constructs as outcome measures for student mental health and well-being. The first survey was open-ended (asking people to list their priority indicators for this), and now I'm using those responses to ask the same panel to rate how important each one is. Some terms could use with some elaboration, but it looks messy if I have so much text in the question. Is there a way I can add a definition/examples of what a term means e.g., if the respondent wants more info they can hover over a word, or click a word, and more info pops up?

Thank you!

Alyson
icon

Best answer by PraDeepKotian_Ugam 1 August 2019, 11:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi @Alyson,

You can use a simple html tag.
For eg: <p title="Qualtrics">ⓘ</p>
If you mouse over to ⓘ then it will show "Qualtrics"

code: `<p title="Qualtrics">ⓘ</p>`
Great - thank you!

PraDeepKotian_Ugam, is there a simple way to modify this code so that the hover over text (definition of the term) will show up by clicking on the term, instead of placing a mouse there?

Leave a Reply