Survey will not accept text entry | XM Community
Question

Survey will not accept text entry

• 7 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hello,

A project owner reported to me that a couple of participants have been unable to complete a written survey. Every time they reach a text box essay question, the written comments disappear with the error getting a message about being "outdated."
This survey was mailed to several people using the Distribution command. Any ideas why this would occur?

We have reached out to Qualtrics support, but wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Folowing. This happens to me when I take the surveys qualtrics sends me- from their UX team or following a support interaction. It's sooo annoying when I type a long and thoughtful response, but it's "outdated" and needs to be re-typed 😕
Badge
Hi Kate, thanks for sharing. Were you able to repost your response? Our participant was still unable to retype an answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@J_Haldeman I am always able to go back in and re-take it. So perhaps it is not the same phenomenon? Very similar though. Very odd and furstrating.
Badge
Hi Kate, yes it is frustrating as our participants still cannot submit all of their answers. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope that Qualtrics can help soon.
Badge

My research team (based in Peru) has the same problem.  One of them is unable to upload his responses,  receiving instead an “API error.”  He has tried repeatedly over six weeks, with the same result. He cannot logout and login again because that would erase his responses.  Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@BruceMannheim  Hm, this sounds like it may not be intended functionality. If you haven't already, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this 😁

Leave a Reply