Additional Font Import | XM Community
Question

Additional Font Import

• 8 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello experts!

I am trying to import a custom font to a survey using the CSS script below.

@font-face{
font-family:'SST W20 Roman';
src:url('./SST-W20-Roman.eot?#iefix');
src:url('./SST-W20-Roman.eot?#iefix') format('eot'),url('./SST-W20-Roman.woff2') format('woff2'),url('./SST-W20-Roman.woff') format('woff'),url('./SST-W20-Roman.ttf') format('truetype'),url('./SST-W20-Roman.svg#SST-W20-Roman') format('svg');
}

body {
font-family: 'SST W20 Roman', Verdana, sans-serif;
}

But, the survey is not loading the 'SST W20 Roman' font but loading Verdana font which is the 2nd choice option.

Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

Thank you!
Haemin

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hey Haemin,
Verdana is already an option in Qualtrics' default list of fonts, so it may be misleading you that part of the code worked. Just wanted to let you know. Even if you were to get your custom font to import, if you do it through the Look & Feel section, the documentation about Font & Color states that "changes made to the font from the Look & Feel section wont' show up in the Survey Editor", they only show up in survey preview mode. So I'm afraid you won't be able to choose SST W20 Roman from the fonts drop down in the Rich Content Editor. You could either change each element with JavaScript, probably not feasible for you, or my best recommendation would be a Qualtrics support ticket to see if they could import a custom font for you in your organization's theme.

Best of luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Leave a Reply