How to center slider values at 50% and have 100% at both ends? | XM Community
Question

How to center slider values at 50% and have 100% at both ends?

• 8 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am building a slider question that right now looks like this (I changed the labels with custom pictures):

!

I would like the question to look like the following, centered at 50%, with 100% at both ends and two 75% midway:

!

Since I am already using the labels with the custom pictures, I thought that I could achieve this by changing the values displayed, but I don't know how.

I found two threads that may be relevant, here and here. I tried to use the code provided to see if I could get that result to start with, but adding the CSS code did not produce any changes on the values (once I had them displayed.)

If anybody had suggestions on how to achieve this in Qualtrics I would really appreciate it!

A related issue then, would be how to distinguish if a user clicked on the 75% to the right or the 75% to the left.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can't do a 100-50-100 scale. However, you can use a 0-100 scale and fake it so it looks like a 100-50-100 scale using JS. You are only recording one number. So the "score" of the item on the left is 100 - the recorded number.

!

And what would the JS be?

Leave a Reply