Creating a scavenger hunt and leaderboard | XM Community

Creating a scavenger hunt and leaderboard

• 8 August 2019
  • 3 replies

I've been trying to research ways to create an online scavenger hunt my company can use to get people to look through our site and interact with it. My ask:
1- is there a way to have a text field validate to a specific word or number? So if I wanted the users to find a stat or key word on my site and let them know they got it correct or not?
2- we aren't going to know the users of the hunt and want to create a leader board of sorts. Based off question #1 above, Is there a way to have a running score for users we don't have a list for? Like can we have them enter their email address in Qualtrics and then add up points from there.

Big asks but I'm hoping to find some answers.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
For your first ask:

If you want the question to throw an error message when they are wrong, you can use the Custom Validation feature and set your logic so:

Question # - FIELD - Is Equal to - VALUE

!

If you want them to be able to enter the wrong value and move forward with your survey then I would use display logic instead of validation logic to show a descriptive text question that tells them they are either right or wrong.

!

These values can either be text or a number.

For your second ask

I think how you set this up depends if you want them to be tallying and accumulating points over time or in one survey touch. You may consider reading up on: Contact List Triggers, Math Functions, and Embedded Data (Survey Flow)"). This should give you a start. I am happy to help you brain storm over direct message if you have more details around if you need to be
Badge

Did you figure out how to create a participant leaderboard after scoring the responses?
I'm interested to learn more..

I never did. We adjusted the project to fit what we could easily do. So now we are doing trivia questions and scoring them. If you get them correct when we pull a report we will randomly pull a few winners using a random number generator. It's not ideally what we wanted but it's a work around.

Leave a Reply