Possibility to check an answer for zip code against all zip codes within a contact list | XM Community
Question

Possibility to check an answer for zip code against all zip codes within a contact list

• 12 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm running a survey where we have a specific set of respondents from particular regions (defined by zip code). Since the contact list is almost a year old, I want to make sure that if someone has moved in the meantime, they haven't left the region we are interested in. In short, I want to check if the new zip code is one of the zip codes that are present in the contact list.

Is there any way to do this on the fly in the survey, as this is part of our validation for the second part of the same survey (otherwise I could just manually check). The zip codes are for Switzerland (if that makes any difference).

Thanks for your help in advance and kind regards
Beau

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Instead of contact list, create a dataset project and load all zip codes in it as the preimary key. Now using this API in the survey flow web service element to check if it exist.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Could can use an Authenticator?

(if you do, then select the option below to allow multiple responses from the same zip code)

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

@Beau - you can use supplemental data survey to do this check against a zip code database. You may refer to this support page - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/customizing-survey-content-based-on-historical-response-data/

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You can also use supplemental data in survey flow if you have to bring some data based on zip code.

Leave a Reply