Map different versions of same question (on single survey) together | XM Community
Solved

Map different versions of same question (on single survey) together

• 12 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Level 3 ●●●
  • 58 replies
I have used display logic to display different wording for a single question within my survey ... i.e. show wording version a of question 1 to respondent with a Client Success Manager, show wording version b to respondent without a Client Success Manager.

Now that I am trying to map these "different" (but really the same) questions together in Vocalize, though, I am not finding a way to accomplish.

I can see that if the questions were on different surveys I could easily use a standard mapping or the multi-mapping editor to tell Qualtrics that they should be rolled up together. But how do I do this when the question versions appear within a single survey? There must be a way, right?
icon

Best answer by AnneG 13 August 2019, 15:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!!

maybe you can try with embedded data from those questions. Branch if the questions is showed and the create the embedded data field with the response from the survey. You will have to create 2 different branches, one for each question and use the same embedded data field
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Fortunately there seems to be an even easier way -- field groups.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/dashboard-settings-cx/dashboard-data/advanced-fields/field-groups/
Badge
Hi Anne,

Sorry to bring up this post after you answered your own question, but I was wondering how you managed this using field groups. Right now I'm trying to do this in a Map View widget and am not finding much success. Could you go into more detail on what widget you used and how you did so?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
I had success using the measure group to show a combined rating for 2 questions within gauge chart and simple table widgets but NOT breakdown bar charts (to show SAT or NPS groups by that combined rating) OR record grids. So there is clearly a list of compatible visuals and incompatible visuals and I'm afraid I'm not sure how you would know what that is outside of trying them out or asking support 🙂

Assuming you are trying to do the same thing I am (rolling together two ratings using a "measure group" -- which looks at 2 question ratings as "number set") I would say try one of the widget types that worked for me and if that works for you as well you'll have your confirmation that map view is currently incompatible.

Leave a Reply