EmbeddedData "Text Set"? | XM Community
Solved

EmbeddedData "Text Set"?

• 13 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hey all,
Does anyone know what the "Text Set" gray-scale text is on the end of each of my Embedded Data fields? (see attachment) In my testing, I discovered that the fields ending in Text Set work as expected with my Display Logic while the 11 without Text Set never display. I've spent a while poking around the Survey Flow and I can't figure out how the user added the Embedded Data differently. I asked them and they didn't realize it was different. There's about 200 Embedded Data fields we're pulling in from the Contact Panel, so this isn't new for them, but I can't for the life of my figure this out.

As always, any help is appreciated, thank you!

-Jeremy
icon

Best answer by JenCX 13 August 2019, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yep! You do that by the options link at the bottom right of the embedded data blocks in the Survey Flow. I'm not sure why the ones without the text set don't work with display logic, but it's easy enough to add in there!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There is an explanation of the different types here:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/standard-elements/embedded-data/#EmbeddedDataOptions

The different types are mostly for reporting purposes. I don't know why it would impact your display logic, but I guess it depends on the specific type of logic (equal, versus greater than, etc.). When Qualtrics first added embedded data types all existing fields were given the type 'text set', but new fields are given the type 'text' by default.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
You're awesome, Jen, thank you! And a tip of the hat to you as well, Tom! Under the Options menu, the variable type was set to just "Text" for those 11. For those who come after with the same problem, here are the definitions in the hintText when I hover over the two options:

Text: A text field with an unlimited range of values that are usually unique per response
Text Set: A one or two word text field that has a finite set of values that are shared across multiple responses.

No idea why this affects my display logic (Display if Embedded Data is not empty), but I just tested and it's now showing correctly.

Thank you both!

Leave a Reply