Is it possible to archive survey responses on an active survey? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to archive survey responses on an active survey?

• 14 August 2019
  • 5 replies

We are using a survey for a multi-year project, and I was wondering if it would be possible to archive survey responses from the years previous to this one (different from creating a filter).
icon

Best answer by Kate 15 August 2019, 20:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
There is no way that I'm aware of to do this other than deleting the responses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
What do you mean when you mean "archive"? Maybe if you told us a bit more about your use case?

I have one annual survey where I run virtually the same thing every year. I create a new Project every year then use SPSS to merge the data sets together. You could do that, or download last years data and upload it to the new year's survey.

Alternitely, I do have some survyes where I am constantly colleting responses. Here I download the data set all at once and then aggregate the data based of year or month to get the time series line graphs one would want to see movement over time.
Kate- you hit the nail on the head! We are looking to move the responses or automatically filter them out after a certain date, but still be able to access the older responses if necessary. This is a survey that is constantly collecting responses. Typically, I download the responses once per week and filter out the older responses (most of the time we filter out any responses before the last project year start). One of our staff was wondering if it would be possible to having the older responses automatically stored elsewhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Ah in that case I think your only option is to get a deveroper involved and use Qualtrics' open API to send to any sort of data wearhouse. But Qualtrics does not have any sort of automated batching system as of right now. And there is no way to automatically delete responses.

I wish they did. I think that would be a really good feature request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Those of you who have been using Qualtrics for a while might remember that this used to be a feature called "Response Data Sets" that went away at some point. You used to be able to have multiple response sets per survey, and you could change which response set was recorded to under Survey Options.

Leave a Reply