How to pipe a multiple choice answer with a shorter text? | XM Community
Solved

How to pipe a multiple choice answer with a shorter text?

• 20 August 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Level 1 ●
  • 22 replies
Hello Community,

I have a question with six multiple choice responses. For each of those responses, I want to have another text assigned. And then I want to have these new text as multiple choice options in my next question.

For example, if my responses are: 1. facial surgery . 2. Arm surgery . 3. Leg surgery, then I would like to have these options displayed as 1. Face . 2. Arm . 3. Leg in the next question.

Thus my question is two-fold:

1. How do I assign a new/different text for each of the multiple choice responses?
2. How do I have the newly assigned text from a previous multiple choice response into another question, so that only the new text appears as the options

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ank
icon

Best answer by ank 20 August 2019, 23:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
See this:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/15688#Comment_15688
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
@TomG, thanks. Can you please let me know how to get HTML view for answer choices. I get an HTML view for only the question text but not answer choices. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @ank said:
> @TomG, thanks. Can you please let me know how to get HTML view for answer choices. I get an HTML view for only the question text but not answer choices. Thanks
Answer choices are in HTML view as soon as you click on them...just type the html.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
@TomG: Thanks, it worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Ank

Leave a Reply