Is it possible to analyse text (using text IQ) across multiple question fields in a survey? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to analyse text (using text IQ) across multiple question fields in a survey?

• 21 August 2019
  • 9 replies

I have 3 open text questions in my NPS transactional surveys. I would like to use Text IQ to categorise and analyse the comments from all 3 questions combined. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by ana_velez 22 August 2019, 15:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

for now textiq does the analysis per question. What i have done before is adding different statements or questions with the descriptive text type and through display logic displaying the one according for each value. Then i put just one open text question, without statement which has display logic to be displayed if any of the previous statements is displayed.

the dashboard allows you to analyze multiple questions in the textiq, but from different surveys, so i thnik that solution would not work for you
Userlevel 4
Badge +17
Nope. You would have to combine them somehow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You can combine the 3 text questions into 1 embedded data value. Then you can use TextiQ for that ED field.

This is what I have doe in the past and works well so long as the context of the posed question doesn't have a large impact in how people are likely to answer it.
Thank you very much for your replies
Userlevel 1
> @Akdashboard said:
> You can combine the 3 text questions into 1 embedded data value. Then you can use TextiQ for that ED field.
>
> This is what I have doe in the past and works well so long as the context of the posed question doesn't have a large impact in how people are likely to answer it.

How would you combine the text questions into an embedded data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @SD123 said:
> > @Akdashboard said:
> > You can combine the 3 text questions into 1 embedded data value. Then you can use TextiQ for that ED field.
> >
> > This is what I have doe in the past and works well so long as the context of the posed question doesn't have a large impact in how people are likely to answer it.
>
> How would you combine the text questions into an embedded data?

Use piped text to set the embedded data value. I use | as a delimiter for my things, but that is optional.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Akdashboard @SD123 Great tip -- does the embedded data field have to be created before the survey goes into the field, or can it retroactively combine text responses at the analysis stage?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@AdamK12 - You have to do it before the survey goes out, however you can fix your old data that has already been collected by exporting the data, combining all the open-ended feedback into the new field and re-uploading. You will need to delete the old records or else you will have duplicate data.
Userlevel 4
Badge +26

AdamK12 - You can also do it retroactively through the data and analysis tab. This page here will walk you through it --> Combining Fields (qualtrics.com)

Leave a Reply