Creating one survey instrument for a series of approvals (i.e. submitters, reviewers, and approvers) | XM Community
Question

Creating one survey instrument for a series of approvals (i.e. submitters, reviewers, and approvers)

• 26 August 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have a single survey instrument where respondents are asked to provide information which will then be reviewed by another person. I have done my best to follow the directions provided in these posts:
* https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2334/creating-a-single-survey-for-a-series-of-responses-from-different-respondents-ie-approvals
* https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/5085/show-questions-based-on-embedded-data-url

However, I'm having difficulty understanding how to structure the survey flow so that the submitter's responses do not get deleted when the reviewer or approver clicks the link to enter their comments. I have attached a .qsf of the survey. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Edited because I gave you the wrong advice.

So the reviewer is seeing everything as blank, but also seeing the reviewer section? Can you post a copy of the link path you're using so we can check the URL amendments?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@JenCX

The link path in the email is:

https://bsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2f5zOTSc1HbHmpT?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1&Role=Reviewer

Ideally, the person clicking on this link would be taken directly to the "Career Center Review" block because I have the email action set to include a response report when the email is sent. However, if the "Reviewer" needs to click/scroll through the entire instrument before getting to the "Career Center Review" block, that is fine, too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
What it looks like to me is that reviewers will go directly to the Career Center Review block, which regular participants do not see.

Is the issue that they're seeing that block but not seeing the data filled out in your question INST_06? If so, is there any data present there or is it all missing?

If that's not the issue, can you tell us exactly what is showing up for the reviewer?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@JenCX,

The reviewer is seeing the participant's responses in the email that is generated when the participant completes their portion of the survey. It is not necessary to display the participant's responses in the "Career Center Review" block.

What I have noticed is that when a reviewer clicks the link that is generated in the email, the data that the participant submitted seems to be deleted from the survey response. It was my understanding that the "&Q_R_DEL=1" portion of the link path would prevent such an occurence, unless I misunderstood something.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
> @ambrubaker said:
> @JenCX,
>
> The reviewer is seeing the participant's responses in the email that is generated when the participant completes their portion of the survey. It is not necessary to display the participant's responses in the "Career Center Review" block.
>
> What I have noticed is that when a reviewer clicks the link that is generated in the email, the data that the participant submitted seems to be deleted from the survey response. It was my understanding that the "&Q_R_DEL=1" portion of the link path would prevent such an occurence, unless I misunderstood something.

Hi @JenCX,

Wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to look into this issue?

Thank you in advance for advice and/or guidance you may be able to provide.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @JenCX,
>
> The reviewer is seeing the participant's responses in the email that is generated when the participant completes their portion of the survey. It is not necessary to display the participant's responses in the "Career Center Review" block.
>
> What I have noticed is that when a reviewer clicks the link that is generated in the email, the data that the participant submitted seems to be deleted from the survey response. It was my understanding that the "&Q_R_DEL=1" portion of the link path would prevent such an occurence, unless I misunderstood something.

You have it backwards with Q_R_DEL=1. When that exists in the URL, you are creating a _retake and replace link_. Without it you have a _retake as a new response link_. Simple remove that bit from the URL string and you should be good to go.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@Akdashboard,

I removed the "Q_R_DEL=1" from the URL, submitted a new survey response, clicked the link in the email to complete the "Career Center Review" block, and it still deleted all data before to the "Career Center Review" block.
Badge +9
The one thing I can see that may be your issue is that the hyperlink doesn't include the entire link. When you paste in the annonymos link, you need to ensure it's NOT an active link before adding the remaining pieces. When you have the entire path, THEN you can create a link.

Little late, but hopefully that's helpful!

Leave a Reply