Hide one question in last block | XM Community
Solved

Hide one question in last block

• 27 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I'm designing six different blocks that appear in a random order (using Randomizer). In each block, there is a question at the end that says "Would you be willing to continue?" - if the respondent selects "No", he/she is directed to the end of the survey. If he/she picks "Yes", he/she is directed to the next block.

Here's the problem - this particular question also appears in the last block. Ideally, I'd like to leave it out in the last block since it is the final block and it makes no sense to ask them if they're willing to continue in the last block. But since the order is randomly determined, I have no idea of knowing which block will appear at the end and can't use Skip/Display logic to hide this question.

Any tips to circumvent this issue?
icon

Best answer by LibertyW 27 August 2019, 23:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
The simplest I can think of without adding any code, is to do an embedded data in the survey flow with a counter. Then you can add the display logic to the question - "if counter/=block6"
> @Libertywick said:
> The simplest I can think of without adding any code, is to do an embedded data in the survey flow with a counter. Then you can add the display logic to the question - "if counter/=block6"

That sounds ideal. Forgive me for asking (I'm still a novice) but how do I set a counter in Survey Flow?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @tsaeed said:
> > @Libertywick said:
> > The simplest I can think of without adding any code, is to do an embedded data in the survey flow with a counter. Then you can add the display logic to the question - "if counter/=block6"
>
> That sounds ideal. Forgive me for asking (I'm still a novice) but how do I set a counter in Survey Flow?

So you will set up a group -> embedded data field with count = $e{e://Field/count + 1} then block. Make a group for each block then put them in a randomizer.
That worked, fantastic! Thank you so much.
> @tsaeed said:
> That worked, fantastic! Thank you so much.

I'm trying to do something similar but am having a hard time implementing it. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what that part of the embedded data/survey flow setup looks like? Thanks so much, I'm a total newbie 🙂

Leave a Reply