Importing Data and merge with existing records | XM Community

Importing Data and merge with existing records

• 29 August 2019
  • 4 replies

How can I import external data and merge the same with existing records. I am thinking to export the open-ended data and coded it externally and then again import the coded data and merge the same with existing records. Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
create embedded variable and run embedded data update api using postman.
Hi Peeyush,
Thanks for your comment.
Can you please say it in details since I am new to Qualtrics.
Regards,
Arun.
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi @Arun!

I would recommend to create a new embedded data field in the survey flow, you can name it category or something that make sense to you. Then download the responses and fill the category field in the file. Then you will need to upload the responses again and delete the real ones. The thing here is that you cannot merge the data, you will need to replace the real responses with the imported ones. If this is aimed to categorize open ended questions maybe you should consider doing so with the text iq. You can find more info in the link below

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/text-iq-functionality/
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Finally I am working on the open-ended data without converting it to coded data. Yes, Text iQ is the best solution on Qualtrics to do the desired analysis on such data.
Thanks,
Arun.

Leave a Reply