Pre-select and Hide Question | XM Community
Solved

Pre-select and Hide Question

• 3 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi there,

If I choose one option in Question A (Let's say A = 1) then I want to Pre-select Question B = 1 and Hide that Question - but it should move to next page as there are no questions on that particular page.

Also will I be able to record the response?

Is that Possible or any better way around?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by KimothiSaurabh 3 September 2019, 11:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18
Unfortunately there is no standard way to set response of any question except in javascript node. I guess best way to do this is set response of question in javascript using functions like "setChoiceValue" and auto next the page for that particular case.

You can hide the content of questions or show some alternate info for that particular case using javascript so respondent don't see the actual question until the script execute and automatically moved to next question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Wouldn't it be easier to just set embedded data using branching logic and use that as your answer indicator for Question B?
Userlevel 4
Badge +18
In that case we will have two variables in data. I guess Question B is still being asked for some cases so better approach would be to set data in same variable(Question B ) instead of creating new embedded data variable.
Userlevel 1
Thank you guys, I have tried this - I basically have hide the question and done a auto next (on ready) so it works now 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +5

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/17170#Comment_17170Hi Deep, Did you use a JS for this ? if so, would it be possible to share it?

Leave a Reply