🏆️ Tell us Your Story | Competition | XM Community

🏆️ Tell us Your Story | Competition

• 3 September 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
The Challenge
For this 🏆️ competition, 🏆️ we are simply looking for you to tell your story! We want to know how the community we have built together has become more than just an online platform for you to find answers to your support-related questions.

We’ve seen the impact Qualtrics Community has had on so many of you that we want others, who are not yet community members, to feel the same! In an effort to promote Qualtrics Community and all of its’ offerings, we are putting together a promotional video featuring community highlights. There is no better way to tell the community story than to include you, our loyal community members.

How to Submit an Entry
There are two ways to participate in this competition:
1. Comment on this post with a few sentences explaining what Qualtrics Community means to you. We’ve outlined some topics that we’d especially love for you to highlight, but they should act more as a guide as you tell your story.
2. Record a video of yourself explaining what community means to you and submit the video through this survey. Again, use the outlined topics below as a guide while you share your story.

Submission Guidelines
* Entry must be submitted by Friday, September 13th at 11:59pm MST.
* Be thoughtful and thorough with your testimonials - we’re looking for quality responses here!
* Keep in mind that we are looking to use these as testimonials in order to promote Qualtrics and Qualtrics Community. By posting your testimonial, you are agreeing to allow us to use your testimonial in any promotional material for Qualtrics Community.

Suggested Topics & Prompts
* How you moved up through the Rank & Reward program
* How community allowed you to network with others
* What attending X4 as a community member was like
* What it was like to win prizes by participating in community competitions or Q&A with key stakeholders
* How you felt when you got a question answered by another community member or when you were able to help answer a difficult question

Prizes
All participants who complete this challenge will earn a community badge to be displayed on their community profile! Qualtrics will choose 3 runner-up testimonials, and those individuals will be awarded an additional badge worth 25 points. Qualtrics will then choose another 3 top testimonials and if your submission is among those top 3, you will win a badge worth 50 points - that’s nearly halfway to our Guru rank with the Rank & Reward program. The top 3 testimonials will be sent to our Creative team and may be featured in our Qualtrics Community promotional video coming soon!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
The Qualtrics community means to me: co-creation
Being part of this has been a great experience, together we are creating knowledge and new ways of doing things, enriching Qualtrics together every day. Many times I do not know the answer to a question immediately, but I feel motivated to investigate and do tests in order to give my point of view to the other participants.
Another meaning of Qualtrics community for me has been to feel part of something bigger, I am located in Colombia [latam] and when I won the swag when moving to guru rank I never thought it would come to Colombia, but it did it and made me feel that despite the distance was part of something important.
Badge +2
For me the Qualtrics community means Team Work and Challenges. Everytime I get here I learn something new. I think it is amazing to see how people use Qualtrics and how it impacts their work.
This community has been a place to learn and to challenge myself with new ways of doing things
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I think I can share the story that would be same for many of us. As easy as Qualtrics is for use, there are always some things that we face. Things that even Qualtrics support cannot always help us with.
Community has become a place where people with different experiences, from different backgrounds and different spheres of work can share common issues and generate solutions. Sometimes here you have a chat in the comments with someone from another part of the world (Scandinavia here, 90% of you guys are on the other side of the world from me :D), and you think, oh wow, i haven't thought about it before. We are all in different stages of our knowledge of Qualtrics, and we learn from each other and with each other.
I came here after working with Qualtrics for some time already, but without the Community I wouldn't be able to do many things I do now. Not only Qualtrics-related, but best practices of doing things as well.
So thanks to all the members for sharing your knowledge and for asking Questions I would never thought of 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
For me, experiencing X4 as a community member was really special. I feel like we all build relationships with other users as we navigate posted questions and try to help out. It was so satisfying to meet some of the community members at the summit and connect in person as well. I already feel like I "know" them but getting to chat in person was such a treat. I especially loved meeting the moderators too: all of them are such great people.

Finally, the best moment for me at X4 2019 was that I got the opportunity to visit Qualtrics HQ with some of the stellar women from the community. It was incredible to participate in International Women's Day with some of the women I respect so much from this community. I'm hoping that we'll get to connect again next year.
Badge +2
I came across Qualtrics a couple years back when I was in a research agency and they have just started to use it when I am about to leave! In my current work, like most of us here, I have used Qualtrics for my day to day work and I love working on it! The reason why surrounds on how its user friendly and easy navigation to build the survey that I have wanted to.

And of course, all would not be smooth sailing when my end stakeholders proposed and suggested to edit the survey or add additional functions in the survey. That's where I started to Google with the keyword of Qualtrics (looking for answers) and it has brought me to here, the Community - where all the users globally gathered their thoughts, sharing their experiences, provide their advises that will definitely give a helping hand to the community for those who are seeking answers. In a way, embracing diversity by collaborate with others to achieve objective, respecting and valuing others contributions.

I would at least drop by here once in a day to read the comments (in a way to explore more on Qualtrics's wide functionality). And occasionally, try to suggest some answers or share my thoughts that I have myself experienced while using Qualtrics to the community. Plus, I could try to earn some additional points as well! 😃

There are few occasions where I have spoke and chat personally to some of the users in Qualtrics (as I have a lot to ask!). I ended up chatting up with him via Whatsapp (both text and voice call) for a quick solution to my queries as he sits in India! I personally thank him for the support that he has given and greatly contributes to the completion of my survey that I have worked on.

I understands that the administrator has mentioned to pen down a few sentences but I think I have gone beyond that. Apologies and I wish everyone well and fine.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Simon
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Being a part of the Qualtrics Community is… sine qua non. Yes, I had to resort to Latin to adequately describe how important the community has been to my Qualtrics experience! Before the community I was a novice, stumbling along, afraid to ask questions, struggling to figure out the best way to do something (and often settling for less). The Qualtrics community changed all that. Now I can talk to other Qualtrics users about how to tackle complicated tasks (like creating QR codes for individual survey blocks), best practices (like conducting survey audits and documenting user guidelines), and creative, outside-the-box uses for the product (like creating digital escape rooms). And did I mention the fun competitions that the community holds several times a year? For people like me who make a lot of basic, similar surveys day after day, these games let me try new things in Qualtrics and see what it’s capable of (and if I’m lucky I can incorporate those new skills into surveys I create on the job). Anything seems possible with this team in my corner! Then, at the X4 Summit in 2019, these teammates became more than a collection of usernames on a page when I finally met them in person. The members of the Qualtrics Community made this incredible, huge, overwhelming summit feel like a family reunion of sorts. After that, I looked forward to being a member of the community even more because it allows me to keep in touch with these friends and make new ones along the way.
Userlevel 4
Badge +21
When this group first started I was eager to join and participate. Over the past 4.5 years I have been using the Qualtrics XM Platform and have seen a lot of changes. One change that impacted Reports that I had created for my organization was when the Printed Reports was phased out and a new Reporting Platform was launched by the Qualtrics Team. This occurred in March 2018. Around the same time, the Qualtrics Community Forum had a Q&A session with @JamieM Morningstar, the Qualtrics Product Manager for Data Analytics & Reporting.

I used this opportunity to ask a Jamie a forum question about the New Reporting Platform and that I wanted to connect with her to discuss some of the limitations with the New Reporting Platform. I was able to meet with her and the Product Engineering Team to review the reports that I had created for my organization. It was a virtual three-way meeting with myself, Jamie and her Teams in both Provo and Seattle. I was able to make a few recommendations and point out that the "DATE SEARCH" on the New Reporting Platform was missing a critical choice for the reports that I needed. It was "THE LAST 365 DAYS" filter. We relied heavily on this choice, since we provide our Field Offices with Reports that display all Surveys conducted over the past 12 months. Within a few weeks from the meeting we had, I received an email from her stating that Qualtrics Development Team had implemented a solution to "YOUR 365 Day Filter" to the New Reporting Platform.

I thought this was great by her and the Qualtrics Team to listen to a concern / enhancement request from me and deliver.

Thank you.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
This community has helped me to come out of my shell. I feel like a majority of researchers are just introverts that have learned how to be around people. My natural state is to keep to myself and learn on my own. This community has helped me come out of my shell. I have asked questions and had peers help me through my challenges. I have learned by reading others' answers, pushing my own program to new areas as I implement ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. It has also challenged me to learn and figure things out. I will look through unanswered questions and am encouraged as a user to help others with what I know. In a nut shell, this community has helped me come out of my shell.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Thank you to all who participated, and for your very kind words and awesome videos! I'm happy to announce the 3 winners of this competition are @bstrahin, @VirginiaM and @MsIreen. We've decided that all other participants had responses that were so good that you all deserve to be runner-ups. Check your profile page for your new badge. 😀

Leave a Reply