Is there a way to use javascript to change the visibility of questions? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to use javascript to change the visibility of questions?

• 7 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm new to Qualtrics trying to have In-Page Display Logic applied to a question with Choice Display Logic. With the standard Quatrics tools it isn't working (see inactive 'In Page' check box in image).
!

Is there a way to use javascript to change the visibility of questions (based on the selection of other questions)?

I thought this might be a standard problem but I couldn't find anything here.

Thanks for your help in advance.
icon

Best answer by DRSK 9 September 2019, 16:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The reason it is grayed is out due to your question's settings. Without seeing it, I don't know what the reason is. You should try adjusting your question settings before resorting to JS.

You can hide and show a question in JavaScript by using the jQuery hide() and show() functions on the question's div. For example:
```
jQuery("#"+this.questionId).hide();
```
Thanks for the answer. I started building the feature in JS.

FYI: I called Qualtrics support team on that issue. They said it's not possible to apply In-page display logic to a question that already contains choice-based display logic. TBH, if that's the case, it's a huge shortcoming for having complex surveys. Furthermore, according to the support team, there is no workaround for that issue so I need to fallback to JS 😞

Leave a Reply