How do I show participants a file they uploaded through the File upload question type? | XM Community
Question

How do I show participants a file they uploaded through the File upload question type?

• 12 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I added a line of code with piped text, that should show participants a picture that they uploaded just before in the survey, through the file upload question.

First participants upload a picture. With piped text you can conjure up the url of this uploaded file.
On the next page, I show a picture, where the image source is the piped text that refers to the URL of the uploaded file.
See the code below (I replaced all '<' with '[' so you can read the code instead of seeing a non-loading picture).

[div][br][/div]
[ img src="${q://QID649/UploadedFileLink}" style="width: 300px; height: 210px;"]
[div] [/div][div][br][/div]

That way I show participants the picture they just uploaded. This approach works when I pretest the survey.
However, after adding this line of code, the survey keeps giving error messages whenever i want to change something else in the survey (Error: Cannot save, Your browser cannot connect to Qualtrics, and you have X unsafed questions. Check your network connection and try again).

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there something wrong with this line of code?

2 replies

Badge +9

Geraldo are you still having this issue? I've run into that same error pattern occassionally, myself. Seems to save the questions okay, and then if I log out and back in, I'm good to go.

Where can I find step by step instructions on how to do the following?

• Upload file attachments on to surveys

• Imbed videos into surveys

• Grant certain users limited access to the surveys 

Leave a Reply