IP address for email trigger | XM Community
Solved

IP address for email trigger

• 13 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
How can I use an IP address (from which survey is submitted) as a condition used either within the survey or, ultimately, for email trigger?
If IP address equals to "123.456.789.12", then do...

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by MsIreen 13 September 2019, 10:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Can you add IP address of the respondent as a separate embedded data field in the survey flow and then use this data field as if "embedded data field name" equals "123.456.789.12"
!
or !
IPAddress is a predefined Qualtrics embedded data variable, so input that into the embedded data box as MsIreen demonstrated above and you're good to go!
Badge
This might work for a condition, but you can't display IPAddress in an email trigger, even if you pass it along as embedded data in the Survey Flow. I just spoke to Support about this very thing and you can't output the IP address as part of an email trigger.

It DOES appear if you check the "Include Response Report", but if you want to control the email output formatting you can't display the IP Address. I am responding to this as a Product Idea, but I definitely view this is a bug since all the mechanisms to stitch that data into an email trigger all appear, but it just doesn't display. It looks like it should work, but doesn't.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
The only thing I could perhaps input here is to double-check that you don't have any limitations on your account from the Organization that would prevent you from working with such sensitive data.

Good luck - it sounds like a good Product Idea!

Nikolay

Leave a Reply