Obtaining lowest/highest/mean response value for an item | XM Community

Obtaining lowest/highest/mean response value for an item

• 16 September 2019
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello community. I have a reporting requirement I need to fulfill, and I'm reaching out to see if my proposed approach is the best and most efficient one in the Qualtrics platform.

1) For a particular subset of item responses (let's say items 1-10), I need to pull and show the information for the item that had the overall lowest response from the participant, and the one that had the highest. So, ideally I'd be able to show the question text and participant's response. The best thing I can think of would be to create yet another embedded data field (or custom field in data & analytics) that would contain the lowest and highest value. While that works fine for the value, I'd still need to preserve (or somehow get to) the text of that particular item so that I can display it in my report. Perhaps this can actually be done by generating a report in the Reports tab. I'm not sure how to do it as of right now.

2) To build upon the challenge of (1), I also have the requirement of showing the corresponding mean response value (of the entire participant population) to each lowest and highest item. So, in the end it would be something like Lowest: "Your Response", "Question Text of that item", "Overall mean response to that item based on the entire population or responses", and a similar corresponding line for the Highest.

I'm currently having to pull data exports and generate bar graphs already in Excel due to the limitations of the Qualtrics visualizations/reporting in that regard. Ideally, I'd like to make this particular portion of the report more straightforward/automated to generate, but I can incorporate into what I'm already doing in Excel if needed.

Thanks in advance for any insight,
Chris

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply