Different response weighting year over year | XM Community
Solved

Different response weighting year over year

• 18 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi there!

Every year we conduct an annual survey satisfaction survey.
The responses are weighted based on what country the feedback/user is from.
e.g. US: 4,3%, China: 10,3%, Estonia 0,04% etc.

I have follow question - and I am seeking some best practice here:

A) Would I make the weighting in Vocalize or Data&Analysis? My greatest interest is to automate as much as possible. If D&A, how can I provide the weighting information once and for all?
😎 In our case, the weighting changes year after year. How can I apply new weighting new year to new responses, without replacing the weighting on old responses from 2018?

In all cases, the outcome is that we have a Vocalize dashboard showing the results weighted and I can utilize the country filter (and any other filters) to see weighted results .

Currently Vocalize can only weight 1 time per dashboard, meaning that I wont be able to apply new weighting to new responses next year without replacing weightings on old responses...

Anyone who can crack this one, is GURU and "GOAT" 🙂

THanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by SAustin 19 September 2019, 17:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi Abdul,
When you enter the weighting (Data+Analysis or Vocalize pros/cons depending on your project), you could have one variable be the countries and then the second weighting variable be year (either survey complete or whatever year metric your project wants) and then it would let you enter separate weights by separate timeframes per each country. I attached a rough image of how that might look in the dashboard weighting.!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Perfect! I will try this sAustin. Looks like something that could work. I just cross my fingers that the weighting can be applied on a score made by a formula in Data & Analysis tab.
Thing is I have 4 questions which together shapes the average Satisfaction score. This I can create by custom metric in Vocalize, but custom metrices can not have Weighting applied for some reason..

I will try and update this thread.

Thanks again

Leave a Reply