Piping list of names from a contact list in a dropdown question | XM Community
Solved

Piping list of names from a contact list in a dropdown question

• 18 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
We have a class where the survey participant needs to select their assignment partner from a drop down list. It would be great to have a way to simply populate this drop down from a contact list of names so that I don't have to add each name manually one by one.

I am not sure if this would be in the survey flow, embedded data, piped text, javascript, display logic, or a combination of these options. If anyone can give me a way of doing this that would be great.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 18 September 2019, 19:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The only contact record available to a response is the contact info of the respondent. There are only two ways to make all contact names available to all respondents.
1. Include all contact names in every contact record. (e.g., as a delimited list is an embedded variable? But then you would have to parse it before it could be used)
2. Use a survey flow web service call and the Qualtrics API to get all the contact names.

Unless you are going to be repeating this process many times, it probably isn't worth the effort.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
If I'm not misunderstanding your question, you can add multiple names to your drop-down list at once using Edit Multiple with a copy/paste.

If you're looking for something more, can you tell us more requirements?
Badge +3

Hi,
I'm working on a project and we're facing a similar requirement. I'm far from being a Java expert so apologize for the newbie questions :)
TomG , regarding your 2nd point, which API call you're suggesting to use?
Also, I assume we should use the GET method type to pull the contact names from a specified mailing list right?
Thanks!
Hadar

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48343#Comment_48343https://api.qualtrics.com/af95194dd116e-list-contacts-in-mailing-list

Leave a Reply