Scoring a ranked question | XM Community
Question

Scoring a ranked question

• 19 September 2019
  • 1 reply

I know it's not possible out of the box, but I am trying to come up with a way to "score" my questions in my survey, all of which are ranked, and all of which have the exact same answers. There are about 10 questions, and each question has the exact same 8 responses, and I want to be able to "score" them.

For example, let's say the 8 responses are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. If for question 1, the user ranks A first, I could assign 8 "points" to category A. Then in question 2, maybe the rank category A second, and I would add 7 points to category A.

Does anyone have any idea how I might go about achieving this? I am a software engineer and I do have some Javascript development experience, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this with Qualtrics.

Would i store this information in the embedded data and then pass it to some node.js server to do the computations and direct the "results" screen to a webpage hosted by that server? is there an easier way to do this?

Any and all suggestions/guidance are welcome. Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You could do this with branch logic and math operations but you'd have to have a lot of branches: one for each 'IF'.

Leave a Reply