How to have custom values appear on multiple sliders | XM Community
Question

How to have custom values appear on multiple sliders

• 20 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,

hope anyone could help with this. I would like to show custom values to multiple slider question respondents (e.g. 'good' when '3' is selected).
Has anyone an appropriate code?
!

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18
You can achieve this by hiding the default ToolTipBox and show duplicate ToolTipBox. Below is the example. As you want to show different text on each slider point, you will have to modify last line of this code to set html based on value of slider.

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{

jQuery('.ResultsInput').change(function()
{
updateTT(jQuery(this));
});

jQuery('.trackHolderRel').mousedown(function()
{
updateTT(jQuery(this));
});

function updateTT(element)
{
console.log(jQuery(element).find('.sliderToolTipBox').length)
if(jQuery(element).find('.sliderToolTipBox').length==1)
jQuery(element).find('.sliderToolTipBox').parent().append('<div class="sliderToolTipBox">2</div>')
jQuery(element).find('.sliderToolTipBox').eq(0).hide();
jQuery(element).find('.sliderToolTipBox').eq(1).html('Good')
}

});

!

I know this can be done in better way if you can access events of slider but for now this seems the best workaround.
Userlevel 1
Hi @KimothiSaurabh, thanks for the help. As a test, I copied that code to my slider question and it does not work for me 😞
Userlevel 4
Badge +18
@BettoLamacchia - Please make sure "Show Value" is checked in question property. If this still don't work, would like to see your html layout or you can share link with me.
Userlevel 1
> @KimothiSaurabh said:
> @BettoLamacchia - Please make sure "Show Value" is checked in question property. If this still don't work, would like to see your html layout or you can share link with me.

Hi Kimothi, I just need an example on how to modify last row to have different value (e.g. 'good' for 3, 'excellent' for 5). Thanks again

Leave a Reply