Create embedded data field using logic AFTER responses collected? | XM Community
Solved

Create embedded data field using logic AFTER responses collected?

• 20 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I've collected all my responses and now want to add an embedded data field with a value defined by survey logic (specifically, assign the field a number representing the quantity of questions a respondent answered "true."). I see the "create new field" option in the data tab, but the options in there don't seem to allow what I'm looking to do. If I were using Excel, the function would be COUNTIF(Q1:Q10,"true"). Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by JenCX 23 September 2019, 16:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
What you'll need to do is use math operations and branch logic to add to a counter embedded data. So you'll have something like Counter = 0 at the beginning and then after each question you want to count, branch on the condition and add 1 to the counter.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Thanks! Sounds like a great solution for the counter. Any thoughts about applying this retroactively to responses that have already been collected? I'd like to use this count within Qualtrics' analysis tools.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @NickVEIC said:
> Thanks! Sounds like a great solution for the counter. Any thoughts about applying this retroactively to responses that have already been collected? I'd like to use this count within Qualtrics' analysis tools.

You'd have to retake any responses that you want to have this apply to, as the math operations calculate live during the survey flow.

Leave a Reply