How to track identifying information by using QR code | XM Community
Solved

How to track identifying information by using QR code

• 23 September 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm using QR code to collect student attendance data. Is there any way that I can track student's identification? We want to make sure those who have filled out the attendance form are physically attending the session.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 23 September 2019, 18:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
A QR code can't have identifying information in it BUT you could use authentication to accomplish this after the student scans the code.
But what if student A asks student B who is not attending the session what his/her email is and fill out the form for him/her?
> @JenCX said:
> A QR code can't have identifying information in it BUT you could use authentication to accomplish this after the student scans the code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
> @YFYF said:
> But what if student A asks student B who is not attending the session what his/her email is and fill out the form for him/her?
> > @JenCX said:
> > A QR code can't have identifying information in it BUT you could use authentication to accomplish this after the student scans the code.
>
>

While I'm not appreciative of the downvote (the information I provided is correct), if you are concerned that Student B is willing to give their email address and password to Student A to fake being there, you can also use Fraud Detection to prevent the same device and IP address from taking the survey twice.

Leave a Reply