How to Randomly Show Videos Not Previously Shown | XM Community
Solved

How to Randomly Show Videos Not Previously Shown

• 25 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Dear Community,

I have an online survey project where I want participants to watch a video randomly selected from a pool of 30 videos (let's say hosted on YouTube) and answer a set of questions. I want participants to do this 3 times. So, participants watch 1 video randomly selected from a pool of 30 videos and then answer questions. Next - they watch another video randomly selected from the remaining 29 videos they did not watch in the 1st part of the survey and answer questions. Next - they watch yet another video randomly selected from the remaining 28 videos they did not watch in the 1st and 2nd parts of the survey and answer questions. I have been trying to work with Survey Flow and embedded data etc., but have not been able to figure out exactly how to do it. If anyone could kindly solve this issue, I would very much appreciate it!
icon

Best answer by fleb 9 October 2019, 09:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Hi ,
I think you can use Loop&merge.
One of its fields will be URLs of your videos. You'll show each participant random3 loops.
Check this discussion about similar issue with images for inspiration.
Thank you for replying to my question and directing me to this useful thread. I will definitely peruse it!

Leave a Reply