Scoring survey to report total % | XM Community
Solved

Scoring survey to report total %

• 2 October 2019
  • 8 replies

Attempting to have the following data result in a total percentage. I reviewed the math operations page for absolute number and rounding however was not able to get the data to present as a whole number %, it is currently scoring as a decimal. Any help would be much appreciated!

" Your score is:
$e{ abs ( ${gr://SC_6rOpmJaug8hRJrL/WeightedMean}) } "
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 2 October 2019, 22:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Needs to look like this:
$e{ abs ( gr://SC_6rOpmJaug8hRJrL/WeightedMean ) }

Notice that i removed ${} from your weightedMean piping and added a space between that and your close ).
With those adjustments, it's still showing a total of 0.8666666666666667.

Would like to see it report 86% if that is possible or even just 86
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You need to add a rounding function to your equation. Everything you need to know can be found on the support page.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/math-operations/

Try this:
$e{ round( abs( gr://SC_6rOpmJaug8hRJrL/WeightedMean ), 2 ) } that will get you .86.

So next, multiple by 100 and add % at the end to get you to 86%

$e{ ( round( abs( gr://SC_6rOpmJaug8hRJrL/WeightedMean ), 2 ) ) * 100 }%
Thank you for your help! It's at least presenting as a decimal to the nearest tenth now
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @KayciC said:
> Thank you for your help! It's at least presenting as a decimal to the nearest tenth now

Yeah, I noticed that you wanted a whole number and % at the end and edited my earlier text. The last line should work for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Also, if my earlier math operations spits out 86.00%, try the formula below. I haven't been testing this and have only been working off how the math operations SHOULD work.

$e{ round( ( round( abs( gr://SC_6rOpmJaug8hRJrL/WeightedMean ), 2 ) ) * 100 ), 0 }%
I cannot thank you enough! I played with the coding all morning and couldn't get it right but it works now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Happy to help 😀

Leave a Reply