Alternate link in question | XM Community
Solved

Alternate link in question

• 22 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Dear all,

I am very new to Qualitrics and conducting a survey that investigates some aspects of a website. In total, every respondent needs to visit 5 different websites (out of a pool of 70 websites) and then answer the same matrix question for each one.

I'm a bit confused about how to make sure that every respondent receives 5 different links and that all 70 websites are somewhat evenly visited.

So far, I have created 5 different matrix question blocks, but I am unable to use the Randomizer properly. I have distributed the 70 websites to the 5 question blocks (so 14 website links each). In theory, I'd like the randomizer to choose 1 out of the 14. But practically I am not able to attribute one randomizer to each of the 5 questions.

Could somebody be so kind and help me out?

thanks!

best, Claudia
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 23 April 2018, 13:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @cmat95

What I understood, the requirement is to show 1 website (randomly) on each of the 5 matrix questions.

If I understood it correctly then you can utilize "choice randomization" 3rd option which is "present only X number of choices [Random subset].
The recommendation would be to select "evenly present elements".

Here is the documentation for this:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/choice-randomization/#SettingUpChoiceRandomization

Hope this help!
thanks a lot for the quick solution!

the choice randomization worked perfectly. The only issue I'm still facing is the fact, that I cannot hide the radio button next to the link and that apparently the link does not open by clicking on it.

Any idea for the radio button?

For the link I have used the following variables in the Rich Content Editor:

!

Any guesses what might be wrong?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Just a guess, but you need to create/edit links in html mode. Otherwise, your html tags will get converted to html entities (e.g. `<`)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@cmat95

By using JavaScript / CSS you would be able to hide the radio button. Hope you are familiar with JavaScript / CSS...please let me know otherwise

Also, to make the link clickable please place your code under "source view"

Please check below documentation for source view
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/rich-content-editor/rich-content-editor-overview/#FormattingRichText

Leave a Reply