How do I add Outlook-readable preheader text to a distribution email? | XM Community
Solved

How do I add Outlook-readable preheader text to a distribution email?

• 8 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Our team uses our company logo at the top of some of our survey distribution emails. In some email clients (gmail for example) the email client takes the first bit of text from the email to use as the preheader/preview copy. When we send the message to Outlook clients, however, instead of preview text, we're seeing the source URL for the logo. I have tried adding alt text to the image, and adding some custom html to the email, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else tried this?
icon

Best answer by Christiane 22 October 2019, 23:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hmm, this is interesting, will follow.
multipart/alternative MIME is what you mean?
However I don't think you can easily do this with the Qualtrics email client.
I actually found the answer after submitting this request. It was mainly user error, where I wasn't saving my library message as a different message, and just kept sending my library message over and over.

If you open up the source code in your distribution email, before any other html, enter:

//div style="display:none;font-size:1px;color:#ffffff;line-height:1px;font-family:arial;max-height:0px;max-width:0px;opacity:0;overflow:hidden;mso-hide:all;">
This is my brand new preheader text
</div//
Note: that you will need to put the entering and closing brackets to the above html in the div tags ... this wouldn't let me include the full html in the comments!

And replace the header text. Once I updated the save options, this worked perfectly in both outlook and gmail.

Leave a Reply