How do I restrict access to a survey based on someone's birthdate? | XM Community
Question

How do I restrict access to a survey based on someone's birthdate?

• 9 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I am responsible for a survey of youth who are age 17. The survey must be taken up to 45 days after the youth turn 17 but not before their 17th birthday. How can I restrict the survey to at least only allow access to those who are 17 on the day they take the survey? We do collect birthdate on the survey and if someone isn't 17 yet, I want to be able to send them to a page asking them to return on or around their birthday. Any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
You can have the birthday question in first block and rest of your questions in another. Introduce a branch logic into your survey flow. If they do not meet criteria of a birthday before a certain date, then take them to end of survey. And you can even have a custom end of survey message for them to let them know they do not qualify.
Badge +1
@Inessa_Gelman - Thanks! Is there any way to do the branching based off the day they start the survey? For example, if a youth who turns 17 on October 18th tries to take the survey today, I need the survey to end with the custom message. Asking youth to validate their age with questions like "Are you currently 17" did not work as well as we'd hope last time.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I think there should be a way to figure out a difference between today's date and birthday through formulas. I haven't done that myself, but either Qualtrics support or someone in this community may be able to help with specifics.

Leave a Reply