Autoadvance on slider questions with timer visible | XM Community
Solved

Autoadvance on slider questions with timer visible

• 15 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

I currently have a slider question with a 5 second time question above it - the timer needs to be displayed to participants. Currently, if you select a point on the scale within the 5 seconds it will autoadvance after the 5 seconds has passed. This is what I want it to do.

However, I also need it to autoadvance if the participant doesn't select a point on the scale/doesn't answer the question. At the moment the time just counts down from 5 and then if no answer is selected the timer restarts again. I need it to autoadvance. If I remove the timer from being visible to participants I don't have this problem - it autoadvances after 5 seconds with or without an answer. However when the timer is visible to participants (which is what I need), it will not autoadvance unless an answer is picked.

Ideally after the timer runs out and if no answer is selected I also need it to pop up with a box saying they were too slow.

Any ideas how to fix/do this?
Cheers
icon

Best answer by Subu 16 October 2019, 10:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Just to confirm, I hope you have kept the question as not Forced.
For you second part, showing pop up - you can do that using javascript else the simple way will be to add a Descriptive text question type(with your text) after the question and show that info when the above question is not answered.
Oh dear - I did indeed have it as forced. The problem with it not auto advancing has resolved. Thank you!
Is there anyway that I can:

(i) get the question to auto-advance once a participant has clicked a response on the slider?

(ii) get a pop-up to appear but only if they exceed my time limit?

I've no experience using javascript at all and although I've found some code for a pop up box I don't know if I can add a time delay in when it appears?

Hope this makes sense - thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
(i) If you want to keep auto advance to all questions then easy way is go to Look & Feel -->Motion--> Autoadvance on Questions
(ii)As you have not explored in JavaScript much so I would suggest you to accomplish it using branch login in flow.
Thank you! The branch options work great for this. Didn't realise it would be that simple!

Leave a Reply